Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Sefardi Day...

So many Sefardi things happened to me today.

1) I received the following treat in my email from a certain

It is a video of my friend, Justin Diller, being Sefardi in his new habitat.

~
2) At lunch today with Gershon Albert I had spicy foods atop bagels and ate them al pi sod. Again, Sefardi in nature.

~
3) As I mentioned last week, tonight was the opening night for Pizmonim club. This was an extremely Sefardi night-activity for pale ol’ me.

~
4) And lastly, my cousin got engaged to our good ol’ Sefardi yeshiva-mate

Dahniel from Canada
Mazel Toff to Them!

With all of these Sefardic coincidences happening in one day, I think I’m starting to see the emet more and more.

~
Other things to note:
1) This Shabbos, there will be a Shabbos with Rebbe Reichman at Rav Wolfson. If you’re interested tell Gideon. Bus leaves from YU at 2 on Friday and returns Motzei Shabbos.

2) This coming Monday night, all are invited to Morg 507, where we will have our annual 11 Cheshvan gathering for the Chernoblyer and Rochel Imeinu. I’m not sure how this developed but some have been known to drink a lot at this gathering, so people should bring their own beverages. Sponsors are welcome. All males invited. It usually lasts until the next morning so stop by any time.

3) I know there is something else but I can’t remember. I’ll add it if I remember. It might have to do with Zev Rocklin.

K. Zeigezundt.

9 comments:

  1. j-wein: you forgot to mention 11 cheshvan as being my birthday, and thus, a major cause for the celebration....

    ReplyDelete
  2. zlou: you fogot to mention to j-wein: that 11 cheshvan is the day of my birth as well, thus, a major major cause for celebration

    PS- RA shiur misses their former SA, but has two greats in JM and Danielson

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, really great sephardic videos all around.
    akiva hersch - zlou is my bro, not me. but feel free to wish me happy bday on teves 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. When's the new album that Rav Dovdl'e and Yalok have been working on coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shoutout Tauber. We will never live up to what zlou has done for the shiur, all we can do is try our best to emulate that which he did and hope we are making him proud.

    -- anonymous Shaalvim commenter

    PS - hey josh, Does this now make me more stollel than R' Benjy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Elsant should stop being anonymous and be Beard2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout out!

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete