Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Conversations about the Stollel...

Converstaions about the Stollel have started to peek up again as we near the one year anniversary of our underground movement.

The following three conversations were had/overheard by various members of the Stollel community:


(Guest post from Srulii)


I bumped into one of the guys from the main beis medrash here at YU. he asked me what I was going to be doing for break and I told him that I am gonna be in Teaneck.

He responded: "Bein Hasemestarim," implying that I should stay in YU and partake of the between semesters learning program.

I said: "I am doing Frollel."
"What's Frollel?"
"The kollel in Dr. Friedman's basement."
He was confused. "Who's Dr. Friedman?"
"The gevir of the Stollel."
"Okay I'm confused."
I then went to the restroom, where I was headed in the first place. I thought that the encounter was really funny.

~
Another conversation was overheard by a Stollel member while working on the fifth floor of the library. This is his version of the conversation. (Through a strange series of events, I later found out who this conversation was between and I can't assure that this is exactly as it happened.)
Girl: Do you know what this Strollel thing is?
Boy: What?
Girl: Yea, I was searching through these blogs and I found this Stollel, Strollel Tamid...
Boy: I think it's like a new type of chassid
Girl: Because they have like this whole plan to sleep one night in the library and I so want to do that too.

~

After a separate Stollel-related prank in the library (stay tuned for more info.) an onlooker of the aformentioned prank said in reference to the Stollel members who were involved:


"Wow. I so want to be Chabad right now."


~

The word is spreading...

16 comments:

  1. Are we making a a shidduch service called stollel connects???

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this is the srotel blog that everyones been talking about! I am so glad i found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabbosai i have two words - 1) mi, 2)dos -
    raffi leicht doesnt pick the wrong mesechta...its gonna be great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rav Moishe - we didnt pick that mesechta, that mesechta picked us!
    (enter srulii) Tsss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dean - as of late you are DEMOLISHING the comments!

    ashrecha! (i miss Geyh's class . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what are the dates of the frollel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @k/s
    http://kolleltamid.blogspot.com/2009/12/its-official.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. are we seriously calling it frollel? where are our roots people? mi lahashem elai!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, that's me (the girl!) I really DO want to join the sleeping in the library thing- can my friend and I join in? Also, your very quick ruckus was awesomely hilarious and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mitzvah Boy,

    So a collar pull is utilized when people are under stress. Does that mean no? That's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Im a post too late, but shout out to alicht, gotleib, kuflik, and fiskis and more...
    The question:
    what Bracha do you make in the morning that you don't have any awkward moments during the day?
    The answer:
    Shelo Assani Goy (Goy=collar pull noise).

    ReplyDelete
  12. YU connects would love to sponser the Sto-Fro-Sru-lel 4th floor shidduch event.

    Rabbi Blau will moderate and there will be no flash photography allowed.

    Can anyone volunteer to type up a transcript of the event?

    Who knows next year instead of Sto-Fro-Sru-lel we could be having a Curioustollel Wedding!

    (For the record YU connects is putting its money on Alicht)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who in the world is this mysterious Alicht? And just because I wanted to pull a prank doesn't mean you should jump to the conclusions you did.

    ReplyDelete