Sunday, August 15, 2010

Two Callings in the month of Elul...

Of late, I have received messages from two separate individuals, each seeking the assistance of the Stollel/Recharge team. In the spirit of the month of Elul when one extends themselves to perform extra acts of hesed, lets see if we can help these guys out...

Re: Send in the Stollel


1) A wedding operation that needs chizuk, similar to THIS ONE. If you missed the first one, don't miss this one! The email read:

We need their help!
Rachel and Ricky's wedding
August 22nd
1 P.M. Reception
2 P.M. Chupah
1223 coney island ave
"Sasson vesimcha hall"
There will be tables for the stollel.

2) A second email i received went something like this...

...I want to give you some more information about the Hachnasas Sefer Torah in Sunnyside Queens that will take place on Sunday, August 29th at 10:30 am.

Like I explained, we have a small communit
y of about 20 members, most which are over the age of 65. The shul bought the sefer Torah with some of its old money, but unfortunately we don't have the youth in the community to give this Torah the proper kavod and respect that it deserves for a Hachnasa. I was hoping you would be able to gather a few bachurim that are energetic and excited about a hachnasa and have them join us in Sunnyside on that day A"H. Also the shul is looking for one or two bachorim to help with a Barbeque after the Hachanasa, which the shul would be willing to pay for. Regarding the music which you mentioned - I am pretty sure the shul would be happy to have music, but I would have to ask the Rav what he thinks The only thing is, is that the shul does have a budget for this event, so we may not be able to give the guys the amount they would usually charge for their music. G-d willing we will be in touch about all of this. Thank you so much for offering your help!

Essentially for this one we need two things: 1) People to go to Queens to make freilich and then 2) if anyone wants to play music at the event, that would also be nice. I'd offer Tzavei but 2/3 of Tzavei won't be in the Americas on the above date. They will G-d willing be in Eretz Israel with this guy (not the one in the hat)...


(D.F. I believe you have some pictures to send me...)

10 comments:

  1. oh no doubt young israel of sunnyside, i know that jawn. im down

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i can fill in for slopsnick on the drums, i'm much better anyways

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1stly, to correct j-wein, i believe sruli might still be in america on that date. secondly, the only reason id be comfortable allowing osh to fill in for me is cuz he used the word 'jawn.' nicely done, osh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shiaz i believe that is what sruli(i) calls u sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. osh, sruli does call me that, but his brother calls me schnopps-drink, weinberg & witty call me chopstix, and schneur zalman calls me slopstick. so, take your pick i suppose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zev rocklin and you and you and you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Guys, My name is Zach Berman and I am running the Hachanasa sefer Torah in Sunnyside. I first want to thank everyone who is ready to come and help Sunnyside with Chizuk for the event. We are looking forward to hosting you!
    I was hoping someone can get in touch over the phone about music for the event. There are a few different parts of the event that are taking place at different locations around Sunnsyide, so I think that if a band were to come- they should have some idea of where to go. There is a BBQ after the event, everything is from Brachs Glatt in Queens, and there will be mashgiach there- so if anyone wants to stay for the BBQ in the afternoon you are invited to that as well. If someone in charge could contact me so I just have an estimate of how many guys will come it would be much appreciated. My number is 854-216-8279, and my email, is zachberm@gmail.com. Thank you so much, you are really doing a tremendous mitzvah!

    ReplyDelete