Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jewish Wedding Update - Still Rosh Chodesh Adar


UPDATE:
This is going to be great.
- There are various cars leaving from the Heights for this great simha. If you are in the Heights and need a ride, let me know.
- The members of Project Recharge will be leading a tour of NYC public transportation and will be hiking their way to the Rose Castle. To join them see Adam Friedman or Dani Kaye.
- There are rumored to be various vehicles departing from Queens Headquarters as well.

Anyone who can should make an effort to come. It's going to be a strictly Yiddishe wedding where the sole goal is bring simha to the chatan and kallah on their joyous day.

*Guest Stars*
Moshe Chaim
Gaby
Moshe Lorenzo
Yummy
2/3 of Tzavei
Zev Rocklin
Project Recharge
Thriller
Tanut
Roovain
K/S
Dovid'l Weinberg
Zlou and his daughter, Shoshanalou
and many more...
~

As per our new blogging format, I just received the following email from the person who has requested the presence of the Stollel at the aforementioned Yiddishe Wedding...

i really just recieved an email from the chosson that contained the following message:

"(2) it also seems that the probability of me having very, very few family & friends is growing due to weather. so it's possible that there will be a some empty seats that friends you bring can fill in terms of actually eating."

im sending this to you guys so you can see how hes really not expecting much of anything at his wedding. i cant even begin to imagine what it would mean to have a wedding without family or friends there. we need the entire stollel. like mamash no joke. ill help sponsor peoples transportation if money is an issue, but we need everybody. if we could coordinate transportation so then that would be great, since i have a few people on the side that i asked who want to travel together.
the chupah starts at 12:15.

i think it would be really nice if the guys could even be there by the time the chupah ends so they can dance benzi and rakefet over to the yichud room too. they can then have some of the potentially open seats, and then to commence with G-d willing tons and tons of dancing.
thanks again for all your help.

Tizku lemitzvot!

What better way to begin the Hodesh of Adar...
Please only comment below if you are planning on going or if you have ideas/plans regarding transportation etc.

31 comments:

  1. Does the kallah have friends and family that are gona be there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question about the kallah - if needed I'm sure my sister could get a nice chevrah of girls together.

    Regarding transportation - If needed I might be able to use my mom's 8 seater truck and get guys from teaneck and the heights. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what date is this? and time and where

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think this sunday - chuppah at 12:15 at rose castle. all should try to come if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try to be there

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks again bochurim

    ReplyDelete
  7. reuven youre a bochur?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roovain - is this really your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tanut-Im yirtzah Hashem by you

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK I'm coming also (Rav Simon's giving early shiur!)
    Also I'm told the chosen had never heard of stollel before this so Roovain is not the chosen but rather a VIP guest

    ReplyDelete
  11. O and by far quote of the year by Rav Simon:
    So..sunday shiur at 9:00am...kinda asking for a neis nigla here...

    After the CH shabbaton, it just might be

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Roovain,
    I am sorry to have to make this request. I have not commented on this blog in a while, but I received a text message this morning from somebody asking me if we know yet who Roovain is because you are getting on his nerves.
    This blog is for people to be able to take a break from their college work or whatever they are doing and have a forum to share ideas and connect with each other. Since you have joined, around two months ago, you have been causing people aggravation and have been bringing out the negative side of people who are usually very relaxed and nice. So please, I think that it may be a good idea if you simply would not leave any more comments.
    And if you think that what I am saying is wrong, I still think that you should not respond because the highest level of teshuva is when someone puts you down and you do not respond. So if you feel that I have wrongfully targeted you, just do not respond and you will be fulfilling the highest level of teshuva.
    have a good Shabbos
    Sruli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey kolleltamid- long time follower, first time poster- anyone driving to the chasuna from queens?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can transport probobly from 5 towns/yu/flatbush depending on wen u call me
    sum1 hav an adres on the place?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again, I can give anyone a ride from teaneck, englewood or the heights - just let me know.

    I'm very excited. I'm assuming one of you guys is taking care of the shofars etc...

    See you there.

    And welcome aboard walzy !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sruli,

    I have a couple of things to say to you. I would firstly like to tell you that you make a good point, and to say that you are wrong would be none other than a lie. I certainley understand what you are saying.

    Having that said, I feel it is imperative for me to say that the last couple of weeks, I have made a turn around for the best. A nice fellow member of the Stollel had a brief conversation with me expressing the importance of writing kindly on the blog. Since that conversation, I have not wrote any rude or harmful words in any way, and I must pride myself on that effort.

    Lastly, I appreciate your mussar, and once again would like to inform you that I do in fact agree with your above statement. I appreciate that you are looking out for your fellow Jew, that being in this case me.

    May we all grow together until 120, and may we soon together see the rebuilding of the Bais Hamikdash, Bimheira Biyameinu.

    ReplyDelete
  18. unfortunately me and shoshana-lou might have to take ourselves off the guest stars list- shoshana has been a little under the weather, and as far as myself i couldn't find a baysitter to allow me to go. Well, we actually found one babysitter but we are afraid that upon handing her over to him, she will become the property of the beis hamikdash.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There will be a happy minyan monday morning. They are still working out the time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ABSOLUTELY!!!

    Thanks so much for being the bigger man.

    I look fwd to hearing more from you.

    Will you be in attendance tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You guys are tzadikim and understand the true meaning of Purim

    ReplyDelete
  22. Unfortunately I had a full day of work today, and was unable to attend the simchah. May we only share in simchas like today's in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chevra- it was great hanging with you at the chasuna, you really made it special for The chassan.
    Tizku lemitzvos again,
    While dancing I thought of the following referring to you to from Rebbetzin Freifeld A"H
    Reb Shlomo p313
    " All of the bachurim sang wit h all of their hearts and souls, they sang and danced and wept. In their circle there wasn't an eye which remained dry..."
    "The famed wedding of of Chassidic Legend in Ostilla, echoed and mingled with our wedding. The bachurim... brothers all of them a glorious army."
    Shkoaich! May I be zocheh to be counted amongst your midst...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thought you guys were best friends with the chasan.Only now am I learning that the chasan was a complete stranger! Yasher koach!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Man i wish I had come..... the only thing holding me back from coming with Shana-lou was that when I first suggested the idea to mine bruder, a certain stollel member was next to him and immediately suggested that he felt it would be good shtick to throw my child around in front of the choson and kallah.
    (guess who it was- the winner gets to write an anonymous comment on sruli's blog)

    ReplyDelete