Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things to take note of...


Three things to take note of in this recent Yeshiva University Open House Brochure:

1) This is Rabbi Simon pre-beard. (Though it was not so long ago it still seems strange.)
2) I am in the background.
3) This picture was taken by a woman who clearly had no idea what was going on when she walked into the Muss Beis Midrash last year. I recall that at the time we thought that maybe this picture would make it into a Y.U. Brochure and thought it would be funny to make it look like Rabbi Simon was learning Breslov seforim (i.e. Likkutei Tefillos) at the time. Turns out the picture was used.

~

Additionally...

I have been thinking that for no reason at all I want to gather a team of people to spend the night in the Glueck Building/Library overnight. This operation will entail hiding from security people closing the building and only coming out after dark. There is no purpose to this mission.

Officially, the Glueck Beis Midrash closes at 2:30 A.M. (Why the Beis Midrash is ever "closed" is not for this discussion) and I think the Library closes even earlier. In the past, spending the night in the Library (I'm not saying I have or haven't) meant staying there until 9 AM the next morning, but now that they have connected the Beis Midrash with the Library, one can make their escape for the 7:45 AM minyan.

I am not worried about them finding this post because they will not know when we will strike.

Also, I am not sure what we will do when we come out after dark but I guess we will work on something.
I have not yet worked out the details, but is anyone with me?

13 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

    -Zev Rocklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought/talked about that for years...got to clear it with alisa but i am in!
    Can i bring G and Z?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe stollel or whatever we will call it this year should open a night kollel or "stollel Chatzos" in the glueck center or in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. to also point out under #1, with the beard went the glasses.
    AND Apt. 41 is there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couch Yid will make his comeback there iyH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MTW if I'm there it may not be a good idea to bring g. that may be a disasterous situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had that idea with the library for years. It is extremely easy to avoid the Burns Security convoy. They close the building from top to bottom so just go up to 5a after they've left that floor. Another good trick is to go in one of the bathrooms and turn off the lights, they'll think no one's there and just move on. If you want to be more daring you can hide in one of the many nooks and crannies in the library and see if they catch you. I'm pumped, let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...correct me if i'm wrong alicht but I think this is the first appearance of the author of the blog in a picture

    ReplyDelete
  9. noah baron already did this five years ago just to prove he could outsmart the security guards becasue they upset him

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Ben-Oded: way off -
    http://kolleltamid.blogspot.com/2009/01/seder-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This should be part of the activities....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFeSt3TBZo

    ReplyDelete