Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Purim - Day 1 (Part 1)

The sun slowly peaked out over Samson's grave. It had begun. Rav Ari led the way at the morning vasikin minyan, both davening and laining the megillah. Because of the many Stollel members in the house we almost won the morning vote to stomp out every one of Haman's names but we fell just short to the opposition. Breakfast was an assortment of Purim dishes: eggs, milk (chocolate and regular), hamantashen. We exchanged mishloach manos to one another.

From there, some went back to sleep, some to learn and others do deliver and collect tzedaka for matanos li'evyonim.

Towards midday Tzavei had made there way to the Rebbe's house. Much wine had already been consumed and between the yayin and the hot day I kept having these visions of a tiny child playing many different musical instruments.

After various teachings from the Rebbe to his night-shiur and a handful of pieces of chicken from the Holy Rebbetzin the band played some Purim tunes.

And then, it happened...
After coming down to earth, we began to put away the musical equipment. "Wait," I heard him say with a heavy Israeli accent. I spun around and saw him standing in the doorway, sticker-covered guitar already strung around his neck. "I want to play for you my new song"...
~
TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR MORE PURIM ADVENTURE!

15 comments:

  1. when I was watching one of the videos from the backyard, I was a little bit able to smell wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sohn jam- maybe a little collab from both jams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Sohn jam is one of the best clips I have ever seen...holy cow - I feel like i need to make a Brachah Achrona after that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...to quote R' Judah, of course

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greatest clip ever. I believe the correct benediction is hatov v'hamaitiv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....I see a bunch of tools. "But where is the shed?" Y'alll are straight foolish. Anwayz, I got a few points to make:
    -In the second vid, a R' Judah young'n ) I don't remember names) asked for silence. Y'all didn't grant that request. Way to treat the li'l ones.
    -In the third vid, I seen that the Rebbe controls the crowd very well; when he tells them what to do, they do so without hesitation, even in they drunken state. His crowd control should come as no "chidush" though; y'all have been his sheep for a while now.
    -In that same vid, Zlotnick looks like a towel-head. If i was there, blood would have been shed.
    -Alicht with his sick comments, as usual. I love his comments, oh, and the way he can send subliminal messages that makes people get up from couches for him just so he can sit down.
    -This is not hate, by the way. If i was hating on people, it would be so hot your skin would blister.
    -Ashrenu, sons.
    -RL, thug love. Like the cover of Rolling stone with pac on it that R. Ari's oldest vermin--I mean son--ripped off my wall 4 (3??) years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of curiosity what's the niggun being played in the background of the Sohn Jam?

    ReplyDelete
  8. V'Niglah Kavod Hashem, U'R'eu Kol Basar Yachdaiv Ki Pi Hashem Diber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoovie on drums is top 3 cutest videos of all time

    Props to rav judah for throwing it down hard, similar to his work on yom yerushalayim '07

    ReplyDelete
  10. the answer to your question anon 7:49 would be "father in the forest" by matisyahu

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the record-

    1)all of this "allegedly" took place.

    2)Thank you for showing restraint by not posting the part where - allegedly- snoop dog & Run DMC lyrics surfaced

    3)Mike Sohn b'gematria = Yud Gimel Midos HaRachamim (add a silent ayin here and there- it works out).

    4)Glenn- for the record, The Shpoler Zeide preceeded Matithias by about 200 years.
    Ayein- www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/aid/140712/jewish/Kol-Bayaar.htm

    5) Pie / Prince / unidentified symbol person: watch your mouf when you speak about my nephew - that's the future of the Moetzes Gedolei Yisrael you're calling vermin; please curb the anti-semitism. can't we all just get along?

    (and I'm not just saying that in case Rav Ari checks the comments)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chevra, I just noticed that Yoseph Leib might be back posting at

    http://cannabischassidis.blogspot.com/

    There are some high Torah's in here if ya look around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, since yesterday, the princely shlepper has called me out and I may have lost my job. On the real, I hate e'rybody I know.I hate YU. I want to see YU end. If you are reading this, I hate you too. RL, hate. Oh, and the boy was scum--though he may have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow pi u is sucha hataaa yo...u needa get a dose of chassidus and a few big hugs n i think ull be aighttt...and put up the next video alrighty!!!
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  15. yea.. i was wondering if its possible that charges can be pressed against me for animal cruelty if pigs see that goat smoke video on youtube.
    -kdog

    ReplyDelete